Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kano!! Nomination or selection?

Sometimes I look back at my political exploits on campus and I thank God that I was never hypocritical in my political pursuits. Since my part one[1] in unimaid, I have always wanted to one day lead my state union to glory and free it from disgruntled elements.
When I came out to contest from welfare director up to financial secretary, I declared, declared openly and there is no time I claimed the people pressurized me to contest or that I am a good man who follows rules and regulations and endlessly blows his own trumpet to boredom.
The unscrupulous decision by I can say who to select and appoint people in the name of due process, justice and some memorized subsections of constitution is highly biased and influenced.
The people to be appointed into a caretaker committee are people who have made enormous contributions in words, deed or thought to the development of the union, not people within a supposed cabinet to be who only ranted for some political post although not even fit!
I opted to be an elected official and not a selected or appointed official, so don’t get me wrong, I do not aspire to be a selected official but I would like to challenge the framework that brought some caretakers into office.
They say not all that glitters is gold, the desire by some disgruntled element to push their supposed candidates for consideration tells us a story that an act might as well be a crime.
I wish all the selected officials a happy stay in office and I pray that nemesis does not catch up with people hiding under the mask of equity and justice.
Muhammad Tijjani Nakande, a freelance writer, a neo pan African can be reached online at www.muhammadnakandesworld.blogspot.com or email him at memzycool@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment